Dive Report: Russian Freighter and Tug Philip 11-27-2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics, just like always. Beautiful job:

I've never dived Tessie but I show her coordinates as 30degrees 11.637'N and 87degrees 14.452'W. That puts her 1.2nm from the Russian Freighter on a course of 284

We got Hetland's gear loaded in short order and with Grouper321 behind the helm made good time albeit a bit cold to the Russian Freighter after an unsuccessful search for the Tug Tessie (Anyone know where she is?)

A 2002 check by Captain Robert K. Turpin of the Escambia County Marine Resources Division found that the Tessie was almost buried. However, the car parts and concrete pipes are visible.

From Tessie - Pensacola SCUBA Site - Dive Spots

Loran from http://www.scubasteve.biz/florida/documents/escambia-21902.pdf

13250.0 47078.5

What a great weekend of diving. I don't know what day I liked the best, but here are a few things that I do know: it was great to have the whole dive team back together, and to Hetland, be extremely careful where you leave that new camera, because if Mr. Xray doesn't get his hands on it first then I'm sure going to be trying. The pictures and video were awesome. Truly a great buy on the camera. As always, Russian freighter was a great dive. Tugboat Phillips is on my short to-do list again. Dutch banks always a pleasure to dive, even more so with what we discovered. Long range weather for this weekend does not look good, but if weather clears, lets make plans to go below sea level again.

Yup, that's right (And your #'s are correct). It's just past the Heron/LCM. 4 Miles S. of the R. Freighter and 14 miles from the pass.

Hmmm I'm showing Tug Phillip at N30 07.973 W87 13.332, which is near the Heron. Did we really go out that far or are my numbers wrong???

Roger that!

What a great weekend of diving. I don't know what day I liked the best, but here are a few things that I do know: it was great to have the whole dive team back together, and to Hetland, be extremely careful where you leave that new camera, because if Mr. Xray doesn't get his hands on it first then I'm sure going to be trying. The pictures and video were awesome. Truly a great buy on the camera. As always, Russian freighter was a great dive. Tugboat Phillips is on my short to-do list again. Dutch banks always a pleasure to dive, even more so with what we discovered. Long range weather for this weekend does not look good, but if weather clears, lets make plans to go below sea level again.

Hetland, those are some great pics. I am constantly impressed by the quality of photos by G cameras, although obviously the photographer has a lot to do with it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom