Dive report Puerto Vallarta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HI All.
For those of you coming to visit us, here are the current conditions:
Water temperature is 86F / 30C around the Bay.
Viz variable from 40 to 70 ft. On days following strong rains viz may drop to 10-20ft at the surface and improve at depths below 30ft.
For those of you visiting in October, it's great month for diving: water is still warm and rainy season is over, so viz gets a lot better.
Right now you can expect to see lots of King Angels, many differnt species of puffers, tons of Morays, Surgeons, Cornets, Damsels, Butterflies, Parrots, etc. etc.
Cheers

Any truth to reports of alot of Great Whites down there trying to feed on dying Dolphins?

What are conditions like May/June?

I've been to PV twice always during restaurant week around the last week of May. Daytime highs are typically 83 - 88 F (feels like 90+ in the sun) and overnight lows 70 - 76 F. The water at depth is still very cold that time of year. I'm ok with a 5mm wetsuit and no hood, but I tolerate cold very well. Many others wear 7mm with a hood. One often encounters very cold thermoclines (66 - 69 F) mixed in with warmer waters (69 - 74). When swimming thru the thermoclines, I did wish I had the 7mm with a hood. :shakehead: The water temps were recorded by my Oceanic dive computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom