Dive Report Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennyscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got back from PDC and dove with Fantasea (Playa Country Boy). Did a dive in PDC and a dive over at Cozumel - both different and both really great. PDC had great fish while Cozumel had great coral.

My gf who had never dove before did a discover class with Jason. He was really great with her and she loved the experience and already wants to know when we are going diving again! The initial scheduled day for the class was pretty rocky with low viz and Jason canceled the lesson rather then send us out in bad conditions - something we appreciate. Since the conditions were better in Cozumel he took the ferry with us to Cozumel and did her discover scuba class with her there - with great results...

At the time we got down there Playa had just gotta over some bad weather and Jason had to juggle around some trips. When this happens Jason may send you with another dive master - which is generally no big deal. But if you do want to dive particularly with Jason (as my gf did) I recommend you make that explicit to him and he will work to make that happen.

For a new or first time diver we highly recommend. She may end up doing her OW with him via referall!

Happy Diving,

bg

Yeah, just wanted to chime in and second the support for Playa del Carmen and Jason's outfit (meant to do so right after I got back from my trip but didn't get a chance)...
After reading through the scubaboard entries, I PMed Jason (PlayaCountryBoy) on Christmas day about a dive two days later. He got right back to me and set me up with everything I was hoping for.

Diving with his outfit was great... Small boat and very small group made for very chill, personalize diving, which is what I like. Dives were long (45-65 minutes) with everyone going at their own pace, taking our time, and doing our own thing rather than bunched up in a tiny group of 15 divers on top of eachother. And he was great about being flexible with timing, setting me up with a trip to Coz, etc. I'd totally recommend him and Sean, the DM working with him.

It's super easy to get over to Cozumel from PDC, but not nearly as expensive as staying over there... and the PDC diving is really lovely and full of marine life (though don't miss the majesty of Coz). Special plug for Pared Verde dive site... it's a small wall (not like Coz walls), with tons of marine life and some really lovely coral formations for just a really enjoyable dive.

Thanks Jason!

Sounds awesome guys! Jason's got my business too after diving w/ him in early December. Going back in May and already have Coz and a cenote day planned w/ Jason. Will have to try and get in Pared Verde!! Sounds great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom