Dive Report: Olympic Wreck and PV Reef Off The Giant Stride 10-28-16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shucksun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This past Friday, while LA braced for a rain storm, we headed out on the Giant Stride to dive the wrecks and reefs off Southern California. Although the media's reports of an apocalyptic storm were designed to draw viewers to their broadcasts, our own independent assessment of the NOAA Marine Forecast seemed to indicate the day would be at least dive-able. It was way more than just dive-able, with mother nature serving up a beautiful day in the San Pedro channel. Sunshine, no wind, negligible swell and good viz.

Wreck and Reef Video:

Remember to select "HD" playback.

J. Reeb
Darkthirtydivers@gmail.com

Looks real nice, certainly better than I thought this weekend would allow. Thanks.

I had to recall the video. The last segment with the Olive Rock fish is not from the Palos Verdes reef, I inadvertently loaded in that clip which was from Santa Cruz Island. I am going to re-set edit the video and re-post.

Back
Top Bottom