Dive report- Lobos, 12/31/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacificgal

Rest in Peace...
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did dives 96 and 97 today at Lobos. Drove in at 8:15 this morning, saw about a dozen scooters with about a half dozen divers (appeared to be from Nevada).
First dive I wanted to try to get closer to that channel across the cove.
Guess what I saw? :D
Yes!!!! I saw my very first leopard shark! 40 ft. deep, awesome, awesome sight.
It was way bigger than I thought it woud be, I'm used to seeing them in aquariums and the aquariums must have babies. This one was bigger than me, 6 ft. I reckon.
I felt so blessed!
Second dive was more uneventful, found 72 ft. deep that time, that was the deepest I've been yet at Lobos. The day was lovely, no wind, sun was shining, and I saw a leopard shark!:D:D:D
Hey, what do you all think about me wearing a pink cape when I do my 100th?

Jim forgot to mention that he always wears his pink cape when diving. :wink:

Apparently I need to go to Lobos! I want to see a shark!! :( Maybe Monday or Tuesday when the seas die down. Lets hope for some upwelling too!!

Congrats on seeing the leopard, sounded like a big one!

Sounds like you guys ran into FDog and crew from Tahoe. Friendly crowd they are.

I did see them, lotta scooters! And several non-divers there, they were parked right next to the boat ramp and were there before we were (we got there at 8:15, they were already there).
I didn't talk to them though, said good morning, that was about it.
Well, I'm off to a party, Happy New Year everyone!

ah Kristina you killin me. thats so awesome. i was planning do saturday but waves are not on my side i guess.

Waves were not on my side today. Hoping tomorrow at Lobos will be do-able, but not counting on it.

Congrats on seeing the leopard, sounded like a big one!

Sounds like you guys ran into FDog and crew from Tahoe. Friendly crowd they are.

Yep, that was us. Pacificgal, we're always up to take "hitch hikers" - just let us know, we can tow you out and drop you off...

It was great seeing so many divers at the cove during a weekday.

We, too saw (probabally) the same leopard - maybe a 6'? He was hanging arournd the Worm Patch and seemed supremely annoyed by our scoots.

Come say hi next time - we had snacks (including caviar)!

All the best, James

Caviar? You Nevadans know how to party! I'm sorry I wasn't more social. I should just start walking around and meeting people. I was the blonde diving wet and wearing a Sharks teal pullover across from you, Kristina, nice to meet you :)
I've never been towed on a scooter, that would have been fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom