Dive Report Lake Jocassee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As of Saturday, May 26, water temp reached 63 at 40 feet.

yep yesterday was def a good day of diving....saw the forrest on the 1st dive to 110', and realized what we did wrong the first time. we followed the wrong line! lol o well. after that we dove off to the right of the ramp and just had a "fun" dive with no real purpose and shot some bottles to the surface.....we cleaned them up afterward! my buddy is having some bad luck with his UK lights. he has one in for service that flooded, then the loaner that the LDS gave him TOTALLY flooded both UK ck8's he opened it at the surface and dropped the batteries so we got to do a lil search and recovery lol. vis was ok considering all the divers there.. it was about 10-15ft id say,even better the deeper you went. temps were in the 60's at 50' and high 50's below 80'

I also had a UK c8 eLed burn up on me, but LDS took care of the issue no problem. After diving the Sartek Cannister, don't know that the UK light will get much use though. Saturday was a great day of diving. Bottom was stirred up in places due to the number of divers at the ramp. but in general not too bad. Guess I was diving when the crowds were out and visa-versa.

Temps are starting to warm up a little, and did all my dives without a hood. Guess I am getting used to it! At first when you hit the thermocline, you get a little bit of an "ice cream headache", but not too bad at all.

Dive safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom