Dive Report: La Dania's Leap to Karpata

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm curious as to where divers gear up when doing this dive. Assuming you park at LaDania do you put on your tanks and walk with them on or hand carry them to the jump off point and gear up there?

We drop all gear at the roadside and then the driver takes the truck to Karpata while everyone else waits by the roadside. It is about a 5 minute walk back to La Dania from Karpata for the driver. Then we put on our BCDs and tanks for the walk to "the leap" as we find it easier to carry the weight on our backs.

Great report on Ladania - Karpata. I did that as a boat "drift" dive with Toucan Divers. Dropped us off at LaDania, dropped deep and drifted upwards to Karpata. Great time but without the "Leap". I had my big camera so this option was easiest. Karpata as a shore dive is fantastic alone. With no current you can go deep then south to about LaDania returning shallow to Karpata. I love the north sites. I just love BON in general.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom