Dive Report - Kihei Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bc1954

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was in Kihei from November 22 - December 7th did 2 two tank boat dives with Mike Severns and three two tank and 1 three tank shore dives with Shaka Divers being Doug Corbin.The dives with Mike Severns were quite good with the first one being a 105 foot dive in Molokini Crater which I hate to report wasn't great did not see much of anything. The second dive was at the wreck of some sort of militiary vehicle which I thought was better than the previous dive saw quite a bit more including some huge turtles which I have not seen before as well as a few eels and interesting fish which I have not seen before. The next two boat dives were also quite good with some turtles and species of fish and eels I have not seen before was kind of dissapointed I didn't get one more crack at Molokini as the water was quite rough.The staff on the Mike Severns boat were very good, very knowledgeable and tried to accomodate you as much as possible.If I was to go on a boat dive again I would not hesitate to go with them again.
I thought that I would like to try some shore dives as I heard there were some very good dives. I got a hold of Shaka Doug and I must say that I wasn't dissapointed.He had some great spots to dive. We saw a lot more stuff on these shore dives than we did on the boat dives including multiple octopus on nearly all dives, multiple turtles a white tip reef shark which was only a couple of feet away from us as well as a very wide variety of eels and fish. Only one sighting of a ray which was a spotted eagle ray.Most dives were just Doug and myself which was an additional bonus. As well doing these shore dives was about half the price of a boat dive. When I come back to Maui I will certainly be calling Doug at Shaka Divers, Thanks again Doug and as well to the crew on Mike Severns boat.

Thanks for posting the info, bc1954. I'll be there in 2 weeks and am looking at our options.

The good news: you've got some great memories to take back to Edmonton.

The bad news: you've got to go back to Edmonton...brrrrr.

I was supposed to fly there today. I chickened out.

I second the "thanks"!
Appreciate It!
I will be there in less than two week. Can't wait.
See ya there Todd.

Back
Top Bottom