Dive Report, Iraq

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking forward to finally meeting you soon! Welcome back and I too thank you for your service.
So.Cal. wasn't the same without you!

Mel,

Glad to hear that you are finally coming home where you belong. Best wishes and look forward to seeing you at a Wrinkles dive soon.

Phil

happy for YOU!

Everytime I cannot stand it one minute more, I think about the Army deployments of 15 months

(JB does 7) You must have some great stories working with the Iraqis, JB loved the MTT team and the Iraqi soldiers.

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. Working on the NiPTT (National Police Inbeded Transition Team) for almost 8 months then what is essentially the MiTT (Military Inbeded Transition Team) has been interesting. I have made some good friends amoung the Iraqis and will miss them terribly. Sill, my last dive was April 22nd, 2006 (not that I am counting) and that is far too long. Left home May 7th 2006 and I am ready to resume my life. I will be a Grandpa in March (oldest daughter married 5 years so I guess it is time)! Time to get better aquainted with my youngest daughters husband (they got married while I was gone). Then there is getting back to my wife of 33 years. But with all that, I will miss this place. See you all at the beach.

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes. Working on the NiPTT (National Police Inbeded Transition Team) for almost 8 months then what is essentially the MiTT (Military Inbeded Transition Team) has been interesting. I have made some good friends amoung the Iraqis and will miss them terribly. Sill, my last dive was April 22nd, 2006 (not that I am counting) and that is far too long. Left home May 7th 2006 and I am ready to resume my life. I will be a Grandpa in March (oldest daughter married 5 years so I guess it is time)! Time to get better aquainted with my youngest daughters husband (they got married while I was gone). Then there is getting back to my wife of 33 years. But with all that, I will miss this place. See you all at the beach.

Funny how this sort of dedication by the soldiers never gets mentioned in the media. Everything they go through over there, and they leave with such a strong connection. Will be great for these guys and gals to look back someday, and see what they helped create over there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom