Dive Report: Heisler Park, Laguna Beach, March 19th, 2017

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shucksun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Enjoyed Saturday's dive so much I returned to Laguna with Frank on Sunday morning to do it again. Surface conditions were nearly identical, although the marine layer was a little thicker and the swell seemed to pick up just a bit. Underwater the viz had dropped somewhat, there was surge on the upper part of the reef which stirred up the particulate matter. Frank and I debated the viz and settled on 10-15'.

Once again the return of the kelp just made the dive so great. We followed our favorite route, dropped down atop the West pinnacle, kicked along the West edge to the Canyon, farther out to the Island, and then East towards the Thumb. From the Thumb we pushed Eastward to an area I hadn't visited before and found an isolated pinnacle separate from any other reef structure. I love these isolated features; a distinct world all onto their own.

Photo's from HP this past weekend:

Instagram post by J. Reeb • Mar 21, 2017 at 3:16am UTC

Instagram post by J. Reeb • Mar 20, 2017 at 3:58am UTC

Divemetrics: 64 mins, 48', 54F

J.Reeb
darkthirtydivers@gmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom