Dive Report Gulf of Mexico 4/29 Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a beautiful day of diving on Saturday with Gary's Gulf Diver, I had an invitation to join a good friend of mine on his boat, The Tank! JT bought this boat only a few months ago and this was it's maiden voyage for diving. With Capt Richard at the helm, we loaded up for a spearfishing trip out in the Gulf.

The water was perfect, slick as a baby's butt! We first dove the Wallace. There were a number of darn pole fisherman in the way and we had zero vis, so we decided to cut it short and move to the next site.

The second site was totally different. We went to the Perdido Bay Bridge Rubble. It was cool. Also had two boats full of non-diving, pole holding, monofilament using @#^#$%^ on it. I waved sweetly :crafty: and jumped in with my speargun. Why don't they ever wave back?????

JT and I had a good dive, the vis was 30 ft. but there was a ton of little red snapper. JT was over the edge and sticking his head in a hole looking at something. Turned out it was a huge black snapper. I figured whatever, and started blasting away at trigger fish, a red snapper and a black snapper. JT finally got out of the hole and we made several more passes. We were in about 90 feet of water and it was a little chilly at the bottom but we were fine. On the way up, I saw JT take the bands off his gun for safety, so I took mine off also. About that time a huge Red Snapper decided he wanted to see what we were. :11: JT and I both started loading guns again as fast as we could. I got mine first but the wise old snapper was smarter than the two of us and he :rofl3: 'ed at us, turned his pretty little red :mooner: to us and swam off, the victor! Aargh!

All in all, it was an amazing weekend of diving.

I don't dive mud holes and I try not to get my gear sandy either. I'm a boat girl!:blinking:

Sounds like a great set of dives :) I chilled at the beach today, snorkeled a bit, but no diving :p

We went 25 miles south of dauphin island and vis was good til bout 70'

Where's your dive report Robert, that's pitiful!

Did you go out with Jack?

seadoggirl:
I don't dive mud holes and I try not to get my gear sandy either. I'm a boat girl!:blinking:

Donna I know you are a Pirate Lady and you have a cool Pirate Flag....but there is more to diving than Dive boats, Captains and DiveMasters..:wink:

Sounds like pretty profound talk for a sassy pirate :D

Back
Top Bottom