Dive Report 4-7-7 WBP Lake Lanier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Met Jeremy (JKsteger) at Mask cove at about 9:00am this morning. Wind was blowing, air temp was about 33*, but the sun was out and the water looked great. We planned on doing one tank, hit the 80' platform, then finish off our tanks at about 40'.

Entered the water at about 10:00am-ish (my dive computer went on the fritz so i'm not exactly sure) and took a bearing out to the training platform where we tied off the flag. Water was a balmy 53*, viz varying, 10ft in some places, then it would clear to 15-20 in others. I have no idea what was wrong with my computer, but for some reason it would not come out of surface mode, and wasn't giving me any info. Didn't matter what button i hit, it did nothing. Man I love diving blind :shakehead . Descended down to the platform, at 78ft. Here the water was (according to Jeremy's computer) 41*, and the viz only about 5ft, plus it was kind of dark down there too. Again, 78 ft on his computer since mine wasn't telling me jack. Came back up a bit to 40' or so and sent some bottles and cans shooting towards the surface, played with buoyancy... you know, the usual. Surfaced after 48 minutes of bottom time. After exiting the water my computer then went into dive mode and displayed all the info. :shakehead Thanks, could have used that 48 minutes ago. But anywhoo, good dive, i didn't turn into a popsicle until after I got out of the water. Can't wait for the warm weather to come back.

Yea Dawg, Had a great dive with you. Anytime you going up there let me know. Bummer about the computer. It was fun watching the cans and cups go "flying" up to the surface.

There was a guy fishing at the cove. I told him good luck since I only saw two fish...both were small bait fish in the shallows!

J:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom