Dive Report: 15.May Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandon,

Like you i also like looking above every now and then... you never know what's above you...

(photo courtesy of ADT scuba)

aad.sized.jpg

Jim,

Thats the BW death squad :wink:

Awesome picture, id love for dolphins to pull me out to the metridium drop point! Forget X-Scooters :D

We saw a whale cruising by Sat at BW... It was one rather large whale....

All whales are "rather large". ;-)

Having been towed by a dolphin, it's dang hard to hang on, and I only had warm water snorkeling
stuff. And Flipper goes where Flipper wants. A scooter may be a better alternative.

And Flipper reminds me: I had dinner last night in Flipper's Gourmet Burgers in Petaluma. Dang
good burgers. There are two in Petaluma and one in SF. (In this case, "flipper" means "flipping
burgers"). Off the track for most of us, but worth a visit.

Chuck

Well you're dead on with the Dendronotus Iris. However, the Rock Greenling wasn't it, the fish had more of the head and fin look of the mandarin goby. Small pointy mouth, numerous fan like fins, and moved like a lizard.

Oh and from what I remember from the mandarin gobies I used to have... they are rock dwellers, and eat small shrimp / krill. (They also aren't too smart and sometimes manage to jump out of the tank) :wink:

Perhaps a painted greenling?

Back
Top Bottom