dive rec for FL mid-east coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tumbler31

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey y'all! My daughter and I will be driving to FL this weekend for spring break. She wants to ride roller coasters so we will be visiting Mickey for a portion of it (don't judge, I love coasters too!), but we are both AOW divers and would like to work in a few dives. We are thinking about going over to Devil's Den and maybe some of the other springs. We don't mind driving over to the coast but I don't know the dive scene. She is obsessed with sharks and we also like wrecks. Looking for recommendations on 1) other springs to dive 2) FL mid-Atlantic coast.

Thanks!

..we are both AOW divers and...... She is obsessed with sharks
Devils Den is 90 mins from Mickey. Ginnie Springs is just past it by another 30 mins (And both are reasonably on your way home to stop at since you are driving. Both have rental equipment / tanks available.

But if she WANT SHARKS....then head south 2hrs to Jupiter Florida. Hammerheads, Lemons and Tiger sharks are being seen every day right now. I just checked conditions and Friday, Saturday & Sunday all are at 2-3 foot calm and perfectly divable. For boats with rental gear many like Jupiter Dive Center which has good available boat space currently for those days. And also ScubaWorks, which has just a couple of spots available those days. Jupiter reefs are around 75 - 85 deep so easily within your AOW. Since this is the 2nd busiest FLA travel holiday of the year, what ever you decide, you should make reservations YESTERDAY!. I'm dry till May 1st but otherwise would be on the water with you too!! Have a great vacation with your daughter!!

Lots of sharks on the east coast. I was so impressed with Stuart Scuba and their multiple boats that i started teaching for them!
So yeah...we got sharks And we got turtles!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom