Dive prep time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's just crazy enough to work. :)

Ben...

Wow...that is a winner!! I want a trailer too. I'm currently living on the third floor...so my "weightlifting" exercise is combined with stair climbing...yeah, not so fun after a day of diving.

As far as gearing up...when I first started down the "professional" track, I was told by someone to watch the instructor gear up...and stay at the same place in the gearing up process as them. On a boat dive, when I saw them get their gear going...I got mine going. Their drysuit on...my drysuit on. This helped immensely, as before it seemed I always struggled to be "ready in time".

Having your gear organized and ALWAYS gearing up the same way every time also helps. My gear goes on in a routine, and now (400+ dives later) I can arrive at a dive site late and still be the first one ready to go. But it took alot of work to get here.

The bonus...if I'm early or on time...my gearing up time allows me more time to chat with fellow divers without fiddling with my gear at the same time. I'm kinda funny about it, but I like to fully concentrate on my gear during the 5 - 10 actual minutes it takes for assembly. Fewer interruptions...fewer gear issues...safer diving.

Back to the trailer...hmm....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom