Dive partner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I guess no one missed me:11: . Oh well. Anyone interested in diving a state park lake and a quarry around Farmington, MO? I don't know anything about these new places that I found except, the quarry is a $20 fee and has at least one mine shaft about a 100 ft deep. Both places are bring your own air. No fee at the state park just a check in and out. Neither place allows night dives. I'm working on that one with the quarry. Both places require a dive partner therefore I don't know anything elseabout the places. Never dived them befor. Would really like to get a group together for the quarry dive. It appears to me that it would probably be the best dive. Still would like to try the park as well though. It's water over my head what can I say.

Nah, the quarry is the Off-Sets and the lake is at St. Joe State park. They actually have two but I think that only one of them will be worth diving.

The Off-Sets is Mine Lamotte. I have dove it a few times. I really like it, but it's a major kid hang out in the summer time. It will be good for diving again soon I would think.
I haven't dove St. Joe's but I did take a look at it, and it didn't look like much, but let us know if you do make it there.

Your right. I was just doing some more research about the off sets after my last post and found that it is the old lead Mine Lamotte just past the town of Mine LaMotte. St. Joe has two lake. The one is much bigger then pim lake at st. Joe. Still doesn't look like it will offer much depth or adventure but still the same might see some fish or a lost anchor. Who knows.

So, is anyone interested in diving these places with me. I can't get in without a dive buddy.

Glad to have U on board. Theres a bunch of really fantastic divers on here. U'll soon find that out. I have dived at Mermet Springs and a few other places including a clean up dive with quite a few of them off of here. None of them ever gave me a concern about diving with them. If they are new to the sport and we are diving as a group and know it then, we kept it simple and shallow on our dives. Never beyound a persons comfort level. Even those of us that just want to dive deep - we respect our fellow divers comfort level. It's key to safty. I've been diving solo and river salvage diving for a very long time and know the very importance of safty and comfort level.

Well, I'm self employed as I told U on the phone today, so most anytime I can get away to dive. Usually just need a day or so notice so that I can make sure my tanks are full.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom