Dive Paradise in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eyescuba

Reaction score
I am looking to go to Cozumel in July
I have heard great reports using Dive Paradise
Are they affiliated with any hotels in Cozumel?
As i am looking into hotels I don't know if I should book my vacation with or with out diving. Since I pretty much narrowed my decision to use Dive Paradise, unless anyone has other good recomendations. I appreciate and welcome all suggestions and recommendations for Cozumel
Thanks !

dive paradise is quite possibly coz's largest dive operation. most of their diving is from slow cattle boats. they do offer fast six packs but you must be an advanced diver. i think to them that means 50+ dives. they will also first check you out on a cattle boat trip.

there is probably no other place in the world with a choice of so many dive operators. therefore, if you do want to avoid the cattle boat route entirely even as a novice diver there are plenty of quality options e.g. deep blue just to name one. when you search this board you will find many more.

I went to Coz in Feb. and dove with Paradise and stayed at Villablanca Beach Resort[4-5 miles south of town]and had a really great time.The Paradise dock is right across the street from Villablanca where they picked me up every morning--very easy access,and dropped me off.Villablanca was clean,inexpensive,and quiet-soooo relaxing.The group I dove with stayed at Las Brisas,I was a liitle late signing up for the trip so had to find alternate lodging,I'am glad I did.They really did'nt seem all that happy with Las Brisas in general[mainly the food selection and variety] but we all enjoyed the dive op----the boats are'nt the fastest,but the divemasters showed us some great stuff and were competent.I generally try and stay away from the mainsteam all inclusives,unless all you want to do is sit around the pool all day.
Check out Palancar Caves its really something you won't want to miss!!!Have a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Try the Sonora Grill off the
main square-17.00usd for lobster
dinner!!
ASTA

SCUBA STEVE :mean:

I have used the services of Dive Paradise twice. I have used both the small fast boats and the larger slow boats. I have been favorably impressed with their service, attention to detail and safety procedures. I will be diving again with them next week. As for hotels associated with them, I can recommend Brisas. Ihave stayed with them twice and will be there next week. They are currently offering a package deal with meals, room diving, drinks etc. for $749. Bay Adventures (ask for Felix) can also get you very good deals on airfare. The Professor

a good operator. I have used them on several trips but Doc is right. There are a ton of great operators to choose from. They can give you a package with several hotels, The Barracuda. Las Brisas and more, check out their web site. They do offer very nice prices on package deals. I've just gravitated towards smaller, faster boats. Go with DP for at least one trip. You won't be disappointed.

Dive Paradise and Las Brisas make an excellent combo. I booked thru www.bayadventures.com

I recommend going with the fast boats, max 6 people.

I also recommend doing the EDP. Extended Dive Profile dives.....you need to have a computer and over 60 dives to do this. You dive based off of your computer, not the tables..meaning your bottom time is calculated on the fly....unlike the RDP.

This could mean more bottom time, unless you go 100+, but it also means you get to go to less frequented sites like Punta Sur.

:)

I'm jealous.

We stayed at Hotel Cozumel Resort and dove with Dive Paradise 14-18 March 2004.

Hotel is nice, but the food leaves a little to be desired. I think they try to "Americanize" the food and end up with funky things. Buffets are expensive for what you get. However, we had a package with breakfast buffet included and that was a good deal. Omlettes to order and good buffet. What can you do to ruin eggs and sausage?? For a quick snack you can get a huge plate of guacamole and chips or nachos for $3.00 US.

Dive Paradise is on the hotel property at the beach club and is an excellent operator. They are organized, safe and friendly. We did the big slow boats, but it gives you a nice view during the 45 minute ride to Palancar. The divemasters act like they really enjoy their work and when the first person gets to 700 psi, the dive is over. That's good!

This is a great combination. I highly recommend it and would repeat this trip in the future.

:cheers:

South 4 Scuba:
Dive Paradise ... The divemasters act like they really enjoy their work and when the first person gets to 700 psi, the dive is over. That's good!

Is it? One air hog in the group hitting 700 psi terminates the dive for everybody? That's not for me.

eyescuba:
I am looking to go to Cozumel in July
I have heard great reports using Dive Paradise
Are they affiliated with any hotels in Cozumel?
As i am looking into hotels I don't know if I should book my vacation with or with out diving. Since I pretty much narrowed my decision to use Dive Paradise, unless anyone has other good recomendations. I appreciate and welcome all suggestions and recommendations for Cozumel
Thanks !

Yeah book your hotel without diving most resorts have a pier and most dive ops whoever you choose will pick you up there.
Some hotels do offer dive/hotel packages. Lots of options for hotels and dive ops. Do your homework then decide.
Cozumel Hotel does have a Dive Paradise dive shop on the premises. Have fun

ggunn:
Is it? One air hog in the group hitting 700 psi terminates the dive for everybody? That's not for me.

It has been my experience that at 500psi.. you're asked to come up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom