Dive Outfit recommendations between PDC and Tulum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brshooter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Will be spending 15 days down around Akumal in November. My dive buddy and myself are both newly certified divers and have not been wet since our OW certification. We are hoping that someone can point us toward some dive outfits that you would recommend for new divers. We have wetsuits, masks, fins, snorkels and computers. Will need to rent our bc and regs there. We have a rental car so somewhere between PDC and Tulum would be great. We are also interested in taking the ferry to Cozumel for a couple of dives so we are looking for suggestions there as well.

All recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

I recommend Aquanauts in Puerto Aventuras. Dennis Weeks, Pez de Diablo on SB, is a great guy and a lot of fun to dive with. I can't say enough good things about him.

Where exactly "around Akumal" are you staying? If you are staying on Akumal Bay, Jade Bay or Akumal Sur, then Akumal Dive Center would be your best choice. Half Moon Bay, go with Akumal Dive Adventures. I've used both for several years and they are both great shops. If you're in Aventuras then go with Aquanauts.

There are about 90 shops in Cozumel, all levels of service and prices accordingly. If you want affordable, no-frills and need to have gear included, Dive With Martin would be a good choice. They include rental gear in their price.

brshooter - Aren't you staying on Tan-kah Bay? I have answered this question for you about 4 times and posted links to the Dive Ops that are the closest to you.

Once again, on Tan-kah Bay: The Tankah Inn has a dive shop if you want to dive that area.

Or, go North on Hwy 307 about 15 minutes to Akumal. Drive thru the arches and stay to the right and go to the Akumal Dive Center to dive the spur and groove reef formations off Akumal Bay and Half Moon Bay.

I highly recommend the Akumal Dive Center for newly certed divers. Ask for Cheppo to be your DM. Dive times 9:00 am, 11:30 (or so) am, then the shallow dive at 2:30pm.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom