Dive Optx magnifier lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spyder

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Age is catching up, I don't use glasses yet but have trouble reading my watch underwater (can't get it far enough away from me). I was looking at the SeaVision Tec2000 Gauge Reader mask but it's pretty pricey. While searching for it on ScubaToys I came across the Dive Optx magnifer lens that are stick on. Anybody ever try these? If so how well did/do they work?

Uncle Pug:
They work just fine but a slightly smaller and much cheaper alternative can be purchased at the other lds... local drugstore.
Wow, what a great tip. I never knew about them. And at this price I don't care about ever losing one.

Uncle Pug,

Do the ones from the drugstore stay on very well? My gut says anything just stuck on with water will come off including the DiveOptx. I searched the old threads and came up with a couple of remarks but not a whole lot which is why I started a new thread.

I've used the dive optics for about 4 years now. They work Great. I did loses a lens once. Never leave your mask in the rinse bucket if you have dive optics on it.

Now that I'm getting into tech diving, I think the guage reader mask might be a better Idea. I wouldn't want to lose a lens and not be able to read my deco tables!!

Remember the Mares Esa mask? The one with six windows/lenses?
maybe they make magnifying lenses for the bottom two windows!

just a thought...

spyder:
My gut says anything just stuck on with water will come off including the DiveOptx.
I lost one during my GUE Tech 1 class. Also if the mask is left wet the DiveOptx lense will after time begin to slide around on the mask lense. If the mask is allowed to dry out daily then the lenses stay put very well.

The eyeglass version in this link is identical (except for size... it is smaller) to the diving version. Right now you can buy the Optx 20/20 direct for $20 for two pair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom