Advise on solution for near sight diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They make bifocal dive masks. www.prescriptiondivemasks.com
I have one of their bifocal dive masks. I am lucky enough to be somewhat near their shop. I went in and worked with them to customize the placement of the reader part so I had enough space to see my gauges but not too high that it interfered with my forward vision. I can't say enough how awesome the result is. I hardly notice the bifocal but when I look down at my gauges, everything is crisp. I tried some off the shelf masks with bifocal lenses in them but they always seemed either too high into my forward vision or too low and small to really see my gauges well but having them customized really did the trick. I think they can do basically the same thing by having you mark your mask or something .. not sure as I did it all thru the shop. If I ever lose this mask, I will do it again in a heartbeat even though it cost more than off the shelf ones.

Thanks for the SeaVision recommendation! I dove with Ascent 2100 - Black, Ice Red with Gauge readers this past weekend and they worked great! I was afraid of the fit of a mail order mask but it fit great. It didn't leak even with my goatee. The gauges and dive computer were nice and clear. My only nit is I wish the gauge part was a little smaller, certainly not a deal breaker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom