Dive ops in WPB, Boyton, Delray, Ft.Laud. etc.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:06: Can some of you help me with your favorite dive operators near Delray Beach, where I'll be staying over Easter weekend? I'd like to dive Friday, Saturday and Easter Sunday. I've been there 3 times, and dove with Splashdown in Boyton, but I hear that their boat is down for awhile. The other two times I dove with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures, out of Riviera Beach, and two of their 3 boats are now "sunk" and just have one left. I don't mind driving 30 miles from Delray north toward Jupiter, or south toward Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks

Lantana is Starfish Enterprise $45 a trip with rental and $8 nitrox (I think)
www.idivestarfish.com

Pompano is Parrot Island Scuba
www.parrotislandscuba.com

I've dove both boats numerous times and highly recomend them.

Enjoy!

--Matt

The Diversity in Boca. Friday 4/9 we will (probably) dive the United Carabbean wreck. Al least that is what the captain wrote me.

I've dicided on "PURA VIDA" for Friday the 9th for a 3 tank with lunch. I haven't decided where to go Saturday and Easter Sunday yet.

divematt:
:06: I've been there 3 times, and dove with Splashdown in Boyton, but I hear that their boat is down for awhile.

We should be up and running again by Friday, but there are other good ops right here too.

divematt:
:06: The other two times I dove with Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures, out of Riviera Beach, and two of their 3 boats are now "sunk" and just have one left.
Thanks

I called Jim Abernathy's and asked about the boats, only the small boat was sunk, the two larger boats are in service and running trips.

Mark Vlahos

Thanks Mark,

I should have called myself but relied on this from the WPB article...

"At 9:50 a.m., when everyone would have been aboard, a boat forklift hit a sinkhole in the dock pavement and tipped over, crushing and sinking the Infatuation and a sister boat, Tranquility".

I guess I could go out with Abernethy again, but chose PURA VIDA for Friday, who's also in Riviera beach. I come down every now and then from Charlotte, NC and thought I'd try a few different areas to see where I liked diving best. I want to bring a group of divers down to Florida and figured I'd do some research before choosing a site and operator. So far I like everyone that I've used and everywhere I've been. I've heard so much about Jupiter, Boyton, Ft Laud., and Delray and just wanted everyone's opinions. Thanks for everybodys help!

Matt

Matt,
You won't be upset with Pura Vida. They're a great dive operation. They have a small boat and it only carries a small group of divers. (10 or 12 I don't remember. ) They carry your gear on to the boat, and they have towels, sunscreen, shampoo, and conditioner on the boat.

Al

divematt:
I've heard so much about Jupiter, Boyton, Ft Laud., and Delray and just wanted everyone's opinions. Thanks for everybodys help!Matt

Hey Matt! I just found this thread because I was looking for someone who might be diving in the area. Are you still coming to the West Palm area this weekend and have you made any definite plans? I had contacted Pura Vida earlier in the week to find out about their 3 tank dive, but didn't want to spend the $$ to dive alone. If you are open to meeting/having a new dive buddy/tag along, let me know.

If you are looking for other dive ops in the area, check out Diversity - Cpt. Tony (thediversity.com). He is what I would call an "ole salt" captain. He is probably my favorite dive cpt. so far because he is a no nonsense kind of captain and has some great stories. Brian and I dove with Walter, KBeck & Grier this past Saturday and had a great time. BTW thanks all for sharing my first dives post-baby!!!

Anyone else diving in the area this weekend?

Sandy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom