Dive Ops in the PDC area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PlanoDvr1

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning all.

I will be down at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo around July 4th and am in need of DOs in the PDC area. Dressel divers are the on-site operators for Iberostar but have read very many negative posts about them, plus, they only do one tank dives....what is up w/ that? Anyway, could use some info from you.

Thanks in advance.

I just got back last week from PDC, we used Tank-ha and had good time while there. talked to one guy who has a time share down there and he said that he has tried about all of the dive ops down there and now only uses Tank-ha as they have the best service.

I only use Dressel Divers. Either in Dom. Rep, and Mexico.
It is a pity they do not have any dive basis in Egypt for example, I think it is a very trustable company.

Hughly recomended

Yeah, Ive used Dressel before. It sure is convenient at you AI property.
Also used Scuba Caribe out of PDC, they were excellent and their cenote guides, esp. Berni (Bernadette) were excellent.
Diablo Divers, who post here often, get great reviews.

Dressel (like all the resort-based dive ops) tends to cater to Discover Scuba and OW student divers. That said, they usually have a single deeper dive scheduled each morning for experienced divers.

Tank-ha is the only PDC-based op that runs their own boat to Cozumel. You can doa 2 tank dive over in Coz, and be back to PDC by 2:30.

They are great and safe. Dressel Divers, for me is the best option.

Thanks all. Its getting to the point I need to book something. I'm considering Abyss Divers and Tank-ha.

I used Abyss last year after another bad experience with Dressel. My dive report can be found on this site. I'm not sure how to attach a link. If you use Abyss, by all means, have Diablo take you to visit the ceynotes. They are unbelievable!

Definitely check out the cenotes.

I dove Chac Mool and Dos Ojos last year, and Ponderosa & Taj Mahal last week. IMHO, Dos Ojos is the nicest one, with beautiful stalactites/stalagmites, some looking like melted wax. Taj Mahal has some nice lighting effects if you catch it on a sunny day. Chac Mool was ok, and Ponderosa was most unimpressive.

Have fun!

ednedfred:
If you use Abyss, by all means, have Diablo take you to visit the ceynotes. They are unbelievable!

We can't recommend Diablo Divers enough. Dennis is great. Here's our trip report. Next time we're going to Cozumel, we plan on doing kayak dives with him too.

Back
Top Bottom