Dive ops in Raiatea and Nuku Hiva

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaschne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have any experience with dive ops in either of these locations? Hemisphere-Sub is who I have contacted in Raiatea, they want a wire transfer for the deposit, is that normal? I think for the rest of FP we are all set. thanks for any info

I have been diving with Hemisphere Sub (Raiatea) on two trips and would recommend them. They were excellent to dive with, nice relaxed style, let you enjoy your dive. Friendly crew, didn't have any communication issues or "conversion" feet/psi to meters/bar issues in the dive briefings, even though it was not necessary for us. It was fun to hear the briefings in French, then English. On one dive there were four languages spoken, everyone help translate for the German & Spanish speakers, nice ice breaker, but then we do speak a common language: SCUBA.

Wire tranfer is more common now that the credit card cos are imposing large service and exchange fees on the merchants, wouldn't worry about it.

Can't help you with the Marquesas, maybe next year!

Back
Top Bottom