Dive ops in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-dan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I will be in Cancun during Xmas break and I want to do some local dives there. Any of you can recommend some good reliable dive shops? I'll be staying on the hotel zone.

Also what sites are there in Cancun to dive? I have no interest in cave diving so no need to recommend that.

Thanks,
Dan

As far as we are concerned, there's only one dive op in Cancun - Alvaro at Always Diving.
There are, it must be admitted, tons of good dive shops, but we've done 50-60 dives with Alvaro and have always been as happy as possible.
There are a dozen or so established dive sites off Cancun. Expect warm, clear water, vibrant reefs with tons of sealife. Little or no current, and hard bottom at 60 FSW or less, on most sites. The only sites I can think of off hand that are more than 60' are the two wrecks, both of which sit in about 80FSW.

Thanks Dirty Dog. Yeah there are lots of shops in Cancun that's why I was asking which one people liked so I can narrow it down. We usually go to Riviera Maya, so i know the shops down there.

Dan

It seems there contact form does work as I tried to request some info.

Hello Dan, my name is Alvaro Gonzalez, I've been teaching and conducting divers for more tan 32 years in this area of Mexico, so, I have a little bit of experience, I run AlwaysDivingand and I will be more tan glad to take care of you with your dives, I believe in making friends not costumers, take a look here to see what some other diver friends say about us Always Diving & Water Sports - Cancun - Reviews of Always Diving & Water Sports - TripAdvisor
Contact me and we can make a good dive plan.
Best regards from the paradise.
Thanks a lot for your words Dirty-Dog.

Hi Alvaro,

Thanks for your offer but I have already selected my scuba company. In fact I tried to get in touch with you go get some info as I was interested into your shop with all the great reviews. Unfortunately there is something wrong with your contact page on your website. Once I tried to submit the form it would simply give me an error, well actually it would say ERROR that's it. I tried with different browser and still the same behavior. So I basically gave up.

cheers !!
Dan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom