Dive operators in southern Tailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sams

New
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post....
I will be in Thailand the third week in May. I'd like to do 3-4 days of diving and I'm trying to find a good dive operator. I'm looking for a place that dives with small groups.
Any suggestions?
I heard good things about similan-islands....

Thanks!
Sam

try calypso divers on kata beach in phuket. Great operator and very friendly. If your planning to book a liveaboard to the similans i suggest you do so at least a month in advance as spots do fill up fast.

Another good operator is Sunrise divers on Karon beach I beleive.

Good luck

A lot of the Similan liveaboards close down by the end of April. The vis drops and the weather starts to turn. I'm not sure exactly how it'll be by the end of may but it's possible that it won't really be worth the money you'll end up paying. Check into it more before you commit. I did my dm on Phi Phi island with Moskito. They are a class act dive shop. Great people and great boats and lots of leopard sharks.

3-4 days isn't much time to do a full-on liveaboard, you might just want to head to Koh Tao or Phi-Phi for a few days diving instead, cheaper that way anyway, I'm not sure what the weathers doing at that time, when I was in Thailand in Dec/Jan it was rank near Koh Tao and good on Phi-Phi, but it might of swwitched, regardless I recommend Phi-Phi for its diving and night-life, I was diving with Phi-Phi scuba and they were a pretty good bunch :)

Have fun! PS I don't know if your an AOW diver, but if you are, and your near Pattaya at any stage dive the Hardeep wreck its fantastic (WW2 freighter sunk by the allies lying on its side in around 90 feet of water, easy penatration and lots of marine life.)

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom