Dive Operators in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hilderwa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'll be heading to Phuket in mid-March for 4 nights and am looking forward to getting in some diving (just daytrips...no liveaboards for this trip). I've read other posts with good advice on where to dive (King Cruiser, Shark Point, etc). I'll be staying in Nai Yang and was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on good dive operators near this area. Also, diving from the longtail boats sounds like a good time. Can anyone give me some information on that? Thanks for your time!

I'll be staying in Nai Yang and was wondering if anyone could give me suggestions on good dive operators near this area. Also, diving from the longtail boats sounds like a good time. !

Nai Yang is close to the airport but quite a bit away from all the major beaches (Kata-Karon-Patong) and diveshops. Not sure if there are any shops close-by; it may be best to check with the reception of your hotel.
There's some good longtail boat diving off Bangtao Beach, a bit further south from Nai Yang. Euro Divers is having a shop in the Laguna Beach Resort at Bangtao and they will be able to help you with all your daytrip dive tours (they have their own daytrip vessel) and can also organize a longtail boat dive-tour for you.

:D

Nearest dive shop I think would be Aqua Divers on Naithon beach.

For day trips out to King Cruiser, Shark Point etc.. you will be a long way from the departure point (Chalong Bay), about 1 hour drive each way.

There are 3-4 dive shops off the beach in Nai Yang Beach. So, take a stroll and check them out. You can dive on Ko Weo and the Tin Mine Wreck from the long tail boat, other than that, all of the dive sites are just below average. One day trip from the long tail should be enough. To book day trip to the south of Phuket or Similans (you are close enough to go there for a day trip), check on the web. If you can't call me or pm me and I'll share the info :)

thanks for all the advice. i actually decided to stay near karon beach so i can get a little closer to the action. any suggestions for operators near karon beach? from reading other posts it sounds like there are quite a few to choose from. thanks!

any suggestions for operators near karon beach?

On the southernmost end of Karon Beach you will find the Beach-Dive-Shop from Phuket Scuba Club. They do the full range of PADI and SSI courses, offer beach dives, longtail boat dives, daytrips to all of Phuket's daytrip dive sites and can help you with Liveaboard bookings to the Similan islands and Hin Daeng/Hin Muang.
:D

ANY dive op can get you on daily boat trips. For longtails -you can try phuket scuba club or nautilus down on kata beach(they offer very friendly service and as far as I am aware they still use longtails). For daily boat trips you will find that they will pick up from your hotel. Shop around when you are here because cheap prices or special deals does not necessarily mean good quality of service. Have a look at the dive shop staff too - if they appear genuinely happy within their work then chances are you will get great service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom