Dive operators in Oahu and Kona, BI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trtllovr

Reaction score
Hawaii honeymooners (and semi-new divers) looking for some advice!
I hate to be so general (name some good dive operators :wink: ) so i'm going to narrow down my search and if you wouldn't mind telling me of some operators to use that would be fantastic!

in Oahu- we are staying in Laie and are looking to dive preferably on a Tuesday morning. Would we have to drive to the other side of the island to get on a boat? or are there operators that run out of the North shore, or somewhere closer to Laie?

AND THEN...

We'll be on a cruise stopping in Kona. We can get off the boat at 730 but need to be back on again at 6 (so sad, no manta diving for us). Is there an operator that leaves around 8-830am near the cruise ship pear- can I be so lucky?

Our preferences. I've dove in the caribbean before but my future husbad (he's lost the ranks of my Fiancee and is now my future husband :07: ) has only ever dove during his open water certification in Pennsylvania (meaning, no real cool dives for him!). To my knowledge we'd prefer a company that is able to provide some personal attention to us and for us to not be horded like cattle. I hope this is enough information, any suggestions! Thanks everyone! We'll be there in 19 days!!!!

The north shore should be divable by then The only operator with a boat I know of is Deep Ecology. Pretty good outfit. TOns on the Waikiki side if you want to drive.
As far as Kona, some of the smaller operators might be able to help you out. I'll let one of the Kona locals ( I used to be) give you some names and numbers.
Congrats and enjoy your visit.

I must apologize now for my spelling mistakes... Pier not pear and Herded not horded! Can you tell i'm excited!?!?!?!

We dove with Lisa and Roger of Oahu Scuba Divers last April.http://www.oahuscubadivers.com/index2.htm

I can't say enough about how nice these folks are. They picked us up at our hotel, drove us to the boat. It was Lisa, Roger, my husband and I on the first day of diving and then Roger, my husband and I on the second (Lisa couldn't make it:(). Lisa makes a nice snack pack for the dive boat (great pineapple) and then has drinks and lunch afterwards while she fills out your special dive log sheets and has nice cute little stamps of the critters you saw :)

They both pointed out several cool creatures on our dives to include, octopus, baby frog fish (about an inch and a half), baby scorpion fish, lobster, eels, just to name a few:)

Im glad I stumbled on this thread! My wife and I will in Oahu at that exact same time! So, I have been looking for some outifts to go out with as well. I have been looking at the Oahuscubadivers.com outfit and they seem really on top of things.

I also am a big fan of Deep Ecology in Haleiwa. Even you can just go out to their shop and ride in the van from there. North Shore has some great dives too.

However, the Laie Inn? I don't think I'd want to spend my honeymoon there. :) But the drums turn off about 9:30 (I went to school in Laie)

Hahaha, thankfully no, we're staying in a rented house... thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Jack's Diving Locker (www.jacksdivinglocker.com) would be my recommendation for a dive op at the pier. I see one to two Jack's dive boats loading up at the pier almost daily. I just did my nitrox and underwater nav specialy with them last week and had a great time.

Aloha,
Sam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom