Question Dive Operator Recommendations in St Maarten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mac66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
we like to use Dive Adventures in simpson bay. you can book with them thru Aquamania.

we have used a bunch of other shops over the years. ocean encounters as mentioned above has a good reputation. they are also in simpson bay.

if you get a nice day with relatively calm seas a trip over towards st barts is fun. i thnk they call it moon hole? there are also some decesnt wreck sites. i am bad for names. caribe ? proselyte ?

the shallow dive near divi is usually a waste of time as is creole rock imho.

where will you be staying ?
Also used Dive Adventures. They were good to go.

dirkmy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just ran across this thread. Will be in Sint Maarten first week of May and staying in Simpson Bay. Was going to go with Ocean Explorers as they are just down the road for 1 or 2 days. Is there an operation on the French side that could go to different dive sites?

Alurpal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I’ll be in port on a cruise on 5/12. Will most likely book 2 tank dive with dive adventures out of divi resort.

OP
DiveProKoko

DiveProKoko

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We ended up booking 5 days with SXM Divers. They have great reviews and a nice RIB that takes out smaller groups. We're not going until July 6th, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Top Bottom