Question Dive Operator Recommendations in St Maarten

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we like to use Dive Adventures in simpson bay. you can book with them thru Aquamania.

we have used a bunch of other shops over the years. ocean encounters as mentioned above has a good reputation. they are also in simpson bay.

if you get a nice day with relatively calm seas a trip over towards st barts is fun. i thnk they call it moon hole? there are also some decesnt wreck sites. i am bad for names. caribe ? proselyte ?

the shallow dive near divi is usually a waste of time as is creole rock imho.

where will you be staying ?
Also used Dive Adventures. They were good to go.

Just ran across this thread. Will be in Sint Maarten first week of May and staying in Simpson Bay. Was going to go with Ocean Explorers as they are just down the road for 1 or 2 days. Is there an operation on the French side that could go to different dive sites?

I’ll be in port on a cruise on 5/12. Will most likely book 2 tank dive with dive adventures out of divi resort.

We ended up booking 5 days with SXM Divers. They have great reviews and a nice RIB that takes out smaller groups. We're not going until July 6th, but I'll let you know how it goes.

Just ran across this thread. Will be in Sint Maarten first week of May and staying in Simpson Bay. Was going to go with Ocean Explorers as they are just down the road for 1 or 2 days. Is there an operation on the French side that could go to different dive sites?
how was your trip? Looking for an island to go in January

how was your trip? Looking for an island to go in January
It was a lot of fun. Did 2 days of diving with ocean explorers. 2 wrecks and 2 reefs. Pretty easy diving. Max depth maybe 60' - 70'. Sharks at every site. Turtles, Rays. Would definitely book with ocean explorers again. Even the captain dove with us.

Just got back from St Maarten and had a nice trip! Dove a couple of days with SXM Divers and can't recommend them enough. Super fun group and just a great operation. Dan and Elena, the owners, are very hands on. Dan captained the boat and Elena ran the day to day operations. They are super organized and have a great small operation. We had a really weird week with weather, illnesses, etc. and they did a great job of getting the trips in as best they could. Can't blame them for weather! :) Also can't say enough good things about their DMs, Adrian and Emilio! Top notch! If you want to dive in small groups with real pros, look no further than SXM Divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom