dive operator in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5615mike:
Ditto from here as well. Never meant to look down on or insult anyone. I was not suggesting that if you don't dive with Aldora you are inept. Lord knows I am at times. I just mean that those of us who enjoy Aldora do so and that's that. If you have made a choice to stick with your op then by all means there is nothing wrong with that. Please consider the end of my latest post. I said that we all feel strongly about those ops we really like and don't understand why they don't.....but they don't. Nothing wrong with that. It's a good thing we don't all like the same op or we would never get wet! LOL

I appreciate that, and I apologize if I overreacted; what kinda set me off on this already stressful morning was the statement:

"Those who don’t get it will never agree with us Aldora, LU and Deep Blue type operator lovers in Coz."

That, and the "tree-hugger" tripe and trolling accusation from yesterday. Jeez, where did THAT come from? The tendency that some folks exhibit toward belittling people with whom they happen to disagree frustrates me no end; I apologize if I swept you and ronrosa up undeservedly with too broad a broom.

Peace,

It was the response you get for the "I'm not using a gringo" tripe.

:heman:

Ya know, rebel without a cause? Descriminating against all Gringo Ops for no reason?

DeepScuba:
It was the response you get for the "I'm not using a gringo" tripe.
Ya know, rebel without a cause? Descriminating against all Gringo Ops for no reason?

When I go to Cozumel, I patronize locally owned businesses rather than those which export their profits whenever I can. What that has to do with hugging trees or James Dean is beyond me, but it is certainly reason enough for me to spend my dollars where I believe they will most benefit the island and my friends who live there. Other gringo businesses on Cozumel I "discriminate" against: Hooters (dead and gone, and good riddance), Planet Hollywood (likewise), KFC (ditto), Subway, Dairy Queen, TGIF, and Domino's.

BTW, there's nothing derogatory in my use of the word "gringo"; I'm a gringo myself.

Glad were all back on the same page now.......Whew. OK now that that's settled..........lets go get wet!

ronrosa:
If the only complaint is they are too expensive then Living Underwater and Liquid Blue must also be too expensive since their pricing is about the same.

If you factor in the 75-90 minute bottom times, $80 for 2 tanks comes out to approximately $2 per 1 minute of bottom time.

Let's assume $60 for a 2 tank dive with an operator that uses aluminum 80's. Let's also assume a 60 minute bottom time. That comes out to $2 per 1 minute of bottom time. This operator must be overpriced too.

What about the operator that charges $60 for a 2 tank but bottom times are typically 45 minutes or less (Paradise Divers, Dressel, Scuba Du, Dive Palancar) ? I guess they are REALLY overpriced.

Remarkable insight into an age-old debate. I like your math.

I love Subway. And what's wrong with Dairy Queen?

The best news is, it's your money, and I won't tell you how to spend it.

Regards

The last time I visited New York City I was approached by a Queen in the Subway. Now you tell me that they're on Coz?? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

reefguy04:
The last time I visited New York City I was approached by a Queen in the Subway. Now you tell me that they're on Coz?? (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

I spy a Seinfeld reference!

ggunn:
I spy a Seinfeld reference!

I live in New York City. Bayside Queens specifically. "Alternative" Queens can be seen anywhere, not just the subway. Never bothered or approached me. Some New Yorker's like to mess with people if they smell fear or ignorance. I'm not talking about violence, just having fun at another person's expense. Happens a lot on the subways and not just to tourists.

Seinfeld reference: The Soup **** is real, I see George and Kramer like characters on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom