dive operator in cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowfish

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
My husband and I will be in cozumel
dec 27 till jan 10 we want to dive as much as possible . We are certified diver's with approximatly 15 dives each ...it is not much but we are very comfortable in the water. We will be staying at Iberostar Cozumel all inclusive.
My questions are ; should we reserve a package in advance ? if yes any recommendation for dive shops that would pick us up at our dock? any comments on the dive shop Dressel Divers that operates from our hotel?
Looking forward to reading from you
Thanks

Snowfish:
I moved your questions over here to Mexico, as I think you will receive more answers.
Have fun!

Highly regarded dive operators include.....

From personal experience:

Living Underwater & Aldora.

From word of mouth:

Cozumel Equalizers, Deep Blue, Blue XT Sea, Papa Hogs, Liquid Blue.

Just about any operator will pick you up at the Iberostar Dock.
I've never dove with Dressel in Cozumel, but I have read more negative than positive reviews on them.

We went to Cozumel last July and stayed at the same resort!

We were recommended to Aldora as well, and will recommend them highly to anyone. They are probably 5-10 $ per day per diver more, but it is worth it. If you rent your gear, they have great gear, and everyone gets dive computers. They use steel tanks and fast boats. We typically were picked up and out in the water 30 minutes before other boats - so we stayed ahead of the other traffic. We ended up being the only divers in our group for two days straight - so it was very personal! I had nothing but great experiences!

We were fairly new divers as well and they were very good about catering to our skill level and never doing anything that we would have been uncomfortable with...

http://www.aldoradivers.com/

Have fun!

My 2 cents for ya snowfish........

Definately reserve ahead.

Blue XT Sea diving for us, can't be beat. Great pesonal service, even when top side, which actually meant as much or more than the diving we did. We felt like we were getting "free" services!!

I really appreciated the dinner(s) out with the owner (Christi on this board).

We felt like we were family, locals, "in" whatever. You get what I mean.

Our hands down BEST of the 3 trips we've taken to Coz.

Christi KNOWS, if/when we ever make it back, she's our Op.

Hi Christi!!!!!

Still thinking of you!

BLUE XT SEA

jtrevill once bubbled...
We went to Cozumel last July and stayed at the same resort!

We were recommended to Aldora as well, and will recommend them highly to anyone. They are probably 5-10 $ per day per diver more, but it is worth it. If you rent your gear, they have great gear, and everyone gets dive computers. They use steel tanks and fast boats. We typically were picked up and out in the water 30 minutes before other boats - so we stayed ahead of the other traffic. We ended up being the only divers in our group for two days straight - so it was very personal! I had nothing but great experiences!

We were fairly new divers as well and they were very good about catering to our skill level and never doing anything that we would have been uncomfortable with...

http://www.aldoradivers.com/

Have fun!

Welcome to Scubaboard! You will find the Aldora comments may incite riotous threads. Apparently you either love them and will not dive with anyone else or you think they are charging extra for services that others provide for less money. I am in the former crowd as you apparently are. Watch out for the other crowd. ggunn are you out there?

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...

Welcome to Scubaboard! You will find the Aldora comments may incite riotous threads. Apparently you either love them and will not dive with anyone else or you think they are charging extra for services that others provide for less money. I am in the former crowd as you apparently are. Watch out for the other crowd. ggunn are you out there?

Um, yes. I will only add that they charge $37 more per diver (nearly double) for a 2 tank dive than what I paid last time I was there, not the $5-10 quoted earlier. Caveat emptor.

Again, nothing against them other than being too expensive in my book. Oh, and I prefer to use locally owned businesses on Cozumel over those run by gringo entrepreneurs whenever I can.

ggunn once bubbled...

Um, yes. I will only add that they charge $37 more per diver (nearly double) for a 2 tank dive than what I paid last time I was there, not the $5-10 quoted earlier. Caveat emptor.

Again, nothing against them other than being too expensive in my book. Oh, and I prefer to use locally owned businesses on Cozumel over those run by gringo entrepreneurs whenever I can.

Gunn

What.......out trolling again? You just can't seem to keep your line out of the water can you. "Gringo entrepreneurs", so now you have lowered yourself to condemning capitolism. What country do you live in....oh yea, TEXAS....my bad. No one in in the grand ole state of Texas could ever be confused for a capitolist. LMAOROF

I have stayed at Iberostar before and will be back in March for a week. I did not use Dressel due to comments placed on this board as well as Undercurrents. While I was there, the people that went with them were so-so about the quality of the operation. One word of caution, ask for a downstairs room as the thatched roof on the second floor lets in the occasional rain and critters

dnhill

5615mike once bubbled...

Gunn

What.......out trolling again? You just can't seem to keep your line out of the water can you. "Gringo entrepreneurs", so now you have lowered yourself to condemning capitolism. What country do you live in....oh yea, TEXAS....my bad. No one in in the grand ole state of Texas could ever be confused for a capitolist. LMAOROF

No troll at all; I have not "lowered" myself and I am not condemning anyone. If you look up "entrepreneur", you'll find there's no negative meaning of the word. I personally make the choice to patronize the local merchants whenever I can on Cozumel over businesses that export their profits. I don't go to Dairy Queen, Hard Rock Cafe, TGIF, or Subway on Cozumel, either. YMMV, but that's my choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom