Dive Op Recommendation - Naples, Fl. Mid June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoadWarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good dive operation for Naples? Will be our first time there. No cattle boats please.

djanni:
Can anyone recommend a good dive operation for Naples? Will be our first time there. No cattle boats please.

I can promise you will find no "cattle boat" operations in Naples. Cattle implies stampedes of people wishing to dive the same site while the op hurries them in and out to get the next load. We dont have that in SWFL.

Diving out of Naples requires getting off shore about 20 to 40 miles, therefore most of the dive trips you will find are LDSs booking charters from off shore fishing captains. Most sites are two hours out and the vis can be pretty sketchy.

Have you looked into diving in the Gulf/South West Florida? It is not for everyone. Driving over Alligator Alley to West Palm, Boca Raton, or Fort Lauderdale may be more what you are looking for.

I agree completely. From Naples you can get to Fort Lauderdale in a little over an hour. Much better to drive over there and dive.

Unless you want to spearfish, then I would completely recommend diving the Gulf.

Joe

Oh, Bad news... It a biz trip for me. An industry specific conference in Naples at a hotel right on the beach. First time in that area. It'll be my wife and me.

So you can drive to Fort Lauderdale in an hour huh? Well that's not too bad I guess. So what could you recommend there?

matts1w... thanks for your reply too. Can you recommend something?

JustJoe:
I agree completely. From Naples you can get to Fort Lauderdale in a little over an hour. Much better to drive over there and dive.

Unless you want to spearfish, then I would completely recommend diving the Gulf.

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom