Dive op at Catalonia Yucatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Misty58

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this dive op at the resort? Were you happy with them? We want to do 2 ocean dives and 2 cenotes dives while there in the middle of January. Should we dive with them or go into Puerto Aventuras and find a dive op there? If we just showed up in Puerto Aventuras (not with our dive gear, but first going over and talking to them) what would be our chances of giving in? Are they booked way in advance?
Thanks for any info. First time in this area, if we like it, we shall return in April for more diving.
P.S. at this time we aren't interested in going over to Coz, just not enough time for what we want to do this vacation.

I don't know anything about the resorts since we stay in a condo in Akumal, but if you decide to go into Puerto Aventuras for your diving then I would recommend Aquanauts. You can arrange for ocean dives and cenotes with them.

I also don't know anything about the Catalonia dive op, but would very strongly second the recommendation for Aquanauts. My husband has gone out open water diving with them, and has also done guided cave diving with Dennis, and he really liked his experiences with them. And Dennis (Pez de Diablo here on SB) has a superb reputation with SBers who have dived with him.

I would make an effort to contact them ahead of time, at least for the cenote dives, because the numbers are restricted (a guide is only supposed to take four divers, and you don't want to do the tours with anybody who will take more) so they fill up faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom