Dive On Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shushi

Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know of any local freshwater spots? My husband and I want to get out on Sunday and do a day trip.

Thanks,

Elaine

West Bank Park at Lake Lanier is close by, right across the Buford Dam.
A group of us, collectively known as the Lanier Looney Bird divers are up there several weekends a month. You can do a search, wow first time I ever told anyone that, for Lanier west bank park or WBP for info. We usually post on the board if we are going to be diving up there, so keep an eye out.

Keep an eye out on the FL Conch Divers forum as well, we plan alot of trips in the FL panhandle in that forum. Its not too bad a drive from ATL and it'll bring you to beautiful springs and the Gulf.

Also... Check out the Trips subforum in both the Dixie Divers and FL Conch Forums, its technically the place where we're supposed to do all the planning. We have a big get together coming up in Oct already in the making, just check out the Vortex Oktoberfest thread in the Trips forum here. You guys should come-on out.

I know several people who are going to DiveLand in Alabama on Sunday. It is a quarry that is warm enough on the first 30 ft but gets quite cool below that. The visibility is much better than Lanier or Altoona, but it is a little further drive. From the North side of Atlanta, it is about 120 miles.

http://www.headsouth.com/diveland/

That is the link, but it is a bit hard to find also. PM me and I can give better directions if you plan to go.

Hoss

Thanks for the info!! If anybody is going on Sunday we'd love to tag along :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom