Dive Oahu Sat the 6th or 7th?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover:
Aloha! Thanks guys for the offers!
Sure sorry to have missed you. It was a very short notice courier thing for my employer and had to decide by Friday AM if to bring gear or not.
So instead of diving I believe I spent 50% of my stay driving, in circles around Waikiki. I did get to know Waikiki pretty well however, first time I’ve really even been there.
Did get something good related to diving. In the Aquarium I spotted a fish I’ve seen here on TBI several times I’ve been going nuts to identify, the best I could figure it was not supposed to be here. So I got someone drug out to tell me what it was, wonderful discussion, er… learning experience.:)

Driving in Waikiki can be stressful and parking is a nightmare. I prefer to walk through Waikiki whenever I venture in. Of course Hawaii and Oahu did have a very high pedestrian fatality rate in 2006. It stresses me out less than driving though.

katekicks:
Driving in Waikiki can be stressful and parking is a nightmare. I prefer to walk through Waikiki whenever I venture in. Of course Hawaii and Oahu did have a very high pedestrian fatality rate in 2006. It stresses me out less than driving though.

Yep, for this reason alone I venture into Waikiki maybe 1-2 times a year. The parking is bad enough, but the crazy taxi drivers and tourists jaywalking all over the road really gets me agitated.

Back
Top Bottom