Dive Music

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay

Contributor
Reaction score
I once had a dive buddy of mine play a song called, "Barracuda" by Barefoot Man. The artist is a scuba diver and apparently is renowned in the Caimans as a local well-known.

Anyway, I've looked all over for the song... I've been hard pressed to find even the artist himself, but the songs that I have found have not been the one I am looking for... "Barracuda."

So I've resorted to looking on the web, using search engines, Napster, the Gneutella Network, etc. I have no qualms about paying for the music... It's just that I can't find it anywhere.

If someone has the song, please email me at SeaJay@BMWDrivers.org . I've got lots of Mp3's to trade, if you are interested... And yes, pretty much everything I have was originally purchased by myself and ripped by myself, so I own it legitimately. And while I don't have a license to distribute, there's no law against trading a song or two with a friend.

So let me know if you have the song, either in Mp3 format or on CD or whatever...

Thanks in advance!

Thanks! Now at least I have a source for it...

Still if anyone wants to trade an Mp3 file... I've got some 10,000 songs to choose from...

I have been looking for that artist for a while....I knew several of the song titles but never who created them.

Thanks again!!!

Yeah, some of his stuff's kinda cheesy, but the subject matter's great, and the lyrics are a blast to listen to...

"Big Bad Don" is pretty cool too, but "Barracuda"... Someone's GOT to have it...

Man, I was hoping I wouldn't have to wait three weeks to get his CD... Can't I just download his song and promise to send him a few bucks in the mail?

:jester:

I have one of his albums in my storage space, but I don't think it's the one u want. I think that he, & some other guy they call the Cayman Cowboy (they are friends) are on a very small local label down there. OH! Here's one: Andy Martin, the Cayman Cowboy...on Barefoot Records. You can write them at:

PO Box 1249 Georgetown
Cayman Islands

or phone: 947-9412.....with no international code or area code.

The Barefoot Man's real name is H.G. Nowak. This is a lot of random & incomplete info, but if no better leads emerge, perhaps you can piece it all together.

The Barefoot Man has some cool stuff.

SeaJay...I don't have a clue how to copy it for you. In fact, I need to look into the whole MP3 thing for music to add to underwater photo slide shows.

So if you can tell me how to do it, I'll give it a try!

I've got 5 of Barefootman's CD's that ordered from him online. Everytime I would go out on the dive boat Aquatica the chef would ask me to bring the CDs and he would play them all day.

A very funny man and the songs will have you in stitches.

Hey guys I looked using Bearshare and Grokster and turned up some of Barefoot Man's tunes. I didn't see Barracuda, but there were some. Be patient the searches took a while.

SeaJay tutored me in recording MP3's so if any more of you want any of the Barefoot Man's songs on the Best Of... album, send me your email addy and I'll send 'em to ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom