Dive Medical

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel_Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
anyone have a rough idea how old of a medical most places will accept ? Doing one trip next week , ang hopefully another in September. Just wondering if I can get two trips out of one medical.

anyone have a rough idea how old of a medical most places will accept ? Doing one trip next week , ang hopefully another in September. Just wondering if I can get two trips out of one medical.
I believe the standard release form is good for 1 year.

Yes, unless stated otherwise by the dive operator. Mermaid, for example, wants one less than 6 months old, if you are over 70.

That's what I think. But ask the dive op if you need one--I have never had to provide one for a charter.

The RSTC form is USUALLY only required if you are taking a class. I always bring mine just in case but have never needed it for a charter. Most places are satisfied with their Liability Release Form.

The RSTC form is USUALLY only required if you are taking a class. I always bring mine just in case but have never needed it for a charter. Most places are satisfied with their Liability Release Form.
There are multiple threads here on SB concerning charter release forms. There is more than 1 flavour of release forms. It seems that some (many?) US oriented ops base their release form on the RTSC form. I think that one of the threads veered into the invaison of medical information privacy area. Which the RSTC form does.

Medical and personal privacy issues differ by country. When in Bonaire they have a series of questions that simply ask me to acknowledge that diving can be dangerous. They never ask me about any medical condition I may have. My medical state is private. None of their business.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom