Dive Log download error 255

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James R

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hadn't downloaded my log in a while, so before updating to v29 I thought I'd download my dives first. Connected no problem, but wouldn't download the 17 dives. Weird, never had the issue before. So I went ahead and updated the firmware, rebooted macbook pro and tried again..nope, same error. 255.

Looking at list of dives, I saw one that was logged as 39 seconds, though I do have a min of 10min between dives set. I deleted that dive out of the petrel itself, because a 39 sec dive is not a dive, and tried again with success. Interesting. I guess petrel agrees that 39 second dive is not okay!

Anyone else have that happen? It was my first problem of any kind with my petrel 2, which obviously wasn't a big deal or hard to resolve.

Interesting.... I was having the same problem... Just got back from a little trip and for the first time ever, the dives wouldn't download. Everything appeared to be working as usual, but then I would get an error when I got to the point of actually downloading.

After reading your post James, I looked more closely and there was a little 1 min/12 ft dive. I deleted it, and the rest downloaded next time as per usual.

It looks like there is a little bug of some kind, and knowing Shearwater, they're reading this and will have it fixed pronto.

I also saw this error. Rebooted my desktop, tried again and was eventually able to download the logs after several more tries, probably about 5-10 tries. v29 does appear to have caused an issue downloading. I have no dives that are short that were not already downloaded and only 1 dive to log. If I remember right, it had me download an older dive that I had already downloaded but the dive 're-appeared' as needing to be downloaded.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro
Petrel 1 v29
Shearwater bluetooth adapter

I don't think I had downloaded v29 when I first tried this. If my bubble-addled brain is remembering properly, I upgraded to v29 thinking it might fix the problem, which it didn't. Something seems to be goofy though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom