Dive Lodge updates?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I really miss diving the East End and staying at Cayman Diving Lodge. The last update on their site was from December '05. Anyone know if they are stil planning to rebuild and if so, has any progress been made?

Yes - they are planning to re-build. No - no progress has been made. I think the application is mired in Planning.

Thanks for the info. I guess it's time to check out Ocean Frontiers. Their condos look nice.

I stayed at ocean frontiers right after they opened a couple years ago (pre hurricane), it was an awesome trip. The condos are excellent, very plush with a little beach area to catch a nap. They were a first class dive operation as well, i don't think i touched my gear after I got there.

They didn't have bar or food when I was there, so it was either cook or drive to dinner, not sure if that's changed, but needs to be considered.

I'd recommend them highly.

Ocean Frontiers is by far one of the best dive operators around. I've dove with them five times and never been disappointed. Their condos are basic and no they still don't have a bar or restaurant.

However, if you do book through them you also have the option of the Reef Resort which is where their satellite store is located (about 3minutes up the road). This resort does have a bar, restaurant, three pools and a hot tub. Ocean Frontiers will pick you up and drop you off, or just drive yourself if you have a rental car. (Which is highly recommended in the East End).

Also, the new supermarket just opened up across the street which makes your grocery shopping a lot easier. No more 30 minute ride to the supermarket.

Go with Ocean Frontiers, you'll be glad you did.

I've heard nothing but good things about Ocean Frontiers. We were hoping the Lodge would be on it's way to rebuilding, but since that doesn't sound like it will happen anytime soon, and I have gone just over TWO YEARS without my annual East End diving fix, I'll be looking at Ocean Frontiers. Their packages seem pretty reasonable for a condo, dives and a car rental.

We always stay in a condo right on the beach in Mexico and I love it. More space and more relaxed then a hotel room.

Ocean Frontiers is a fine outfit. I have been diving with them since they had a shop located in a small house in East End. Back then we used to stop by the shop to pay for rental tanks and they would send us down to the dock a mile or so away to pick them up. Never anyone around at the dock - all honor system.

Over the years they have grown to the big operation they are today despite competing with Cayman Diving Lodge, a well established operation. A big reason for their success is excellent service. I doubt you will be disappointed.

We just returned from 10 days of diving with Ocean Frontiers and stayed at Compass Point. From my first contact with Leslie, booking our stay, it was a great experience. I did 16 dives with them and they were all outstanding. On the first dive we exited a swim through out onto the wall and saw a hammerhead swimming by. Can't start the week any better than that! There was never another boat on any of the dive sites. Everyone was very professional, outgoing, and they worked hard to make sure everyone had a great and personal experience. The staff always had a smile on their face and after the first day everyone called you by name.

They allow you to either dive guided by their divemasters or unguided. There are no time constraints as you can dive your computer. The boats are very roomy with separate mask and camera rinse tanks. After the first dive, your gear is set up for you each morning and is rinsed after each day of diving.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom condo with full kitchen. It was tastefully decorated, very clean and comfortable, with an outstanding view of the ocean. There are several quality restaurants and also a new grocery store across from The Reef, within a 10 minute drive. After going into Georgetown it was a pleasure to get back to the Eastside.

Steve and Mo have created a first class dive op. All their employees have contributed to this as they are very customer oriented and you can tell they really enjoy their jobs. I can't wait to return.

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom