Dive Light - Spotting, and Part Time Primary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking for advice on a dive light:

Primary use would be spotting critters in holes and under ledges during the day, but I want one that could also be used as a primary for the occasional night dive in clear water. It needs to fit in a BC pocket, and I prefer Halogen/Xenon due to cost and performance but would consider other types.

Just bought an Ikelite C-Lite 8 Halogen that I'm planning on doing double duty as a boat spot light, and a primary dive light if I want something really bright. I would normally prefer to use something smaller though.

I'm considering the following Halogen/Xenon lights:

UK SL4
Ikelite PCA
Ikelite PC
Princeton Tec Torrent - (wife has one of these)

Which one of these would fit my needs the best, and are there any others I should consider in the same price range that would perform better?

Thanks,

Mark

Check this one out- great for poking under rocks etc in the daytime, plenty bright at night, but might have too tight a beam for you. cree LED

Back
Top Bottom