Dive Ladder help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flatsfish B

Registered
Reaction score
I have a 23' Keywest center console boat. I recently installed trim tabs, and now my original ladder (which was almost useless anyway) does not work. I want a Armstrong type ladder. My problem is I need a bracket that extends out farther then the 3-4'' one that comes with the armstrong ladder. Can anyone help? any other brands that will work? Here is a pic of the boat. Thanks for the help

Barry

trimtabs002.jpg

in_cavediver:
Perhaps add a small swim platform?

Agree, a small platform shaped to fit into the place where the old ladder stowed and extended out about a 12 inches. Garlick makes a bracket to mount their T ladder under a platform, I don't know if Armstrong makes such a bracket.

Flatsfish B:
I have a 23' Keywest center console boat. I recently installed trim tabs, and now my original ladder (which was almost useless anyway) does not work. I want a Armstrong type ladder. My problem is I need a bracket that extends out farther then the 3-4'' one that comes with the armstrong ladder. Can anyone help? any other brands that will work? Here is a pic of the boat. Thanks for the help

Barry

I can't see the picture of your boat so my response may be an exercise in futility.
However, I did see the Armstrong site and for that kind of money you should be able to get a welder to do just about anything you want.

The picture below is what one welder did for our boat for about the price quoted in the Armstrong site.

Edited to remove a link to the photo I couldn't see from work.

Attachments

• Ladder.jpg
    Ladder.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 2,465
Nice lines on the aluminum ladder

Back
Top Bottom