Dive Into Ambon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barb and kaj are fantastic!! I knew them from KBR also. Hold out and wait for their reply if you can. I would love to dive with them again. They know how to run a dive resort.

Hi All.

I am looking to book with Dive Into Ambon. Can anyone comment on the location, and the connection between the Maluku Resort and Spa and the dive shop?

Thanks.

I was in Ambon at the end of 2016 and after diving visited all dive shops on the island.
DIA is located (at that time) in Maluku resort. You can book resort through DIA also (as Kaj told me).
PA192188.JPG
PA192168.JPG

Anyone know if there is anything around this resort or if you need to eat there? I'm kinda anti all inclusive...

Unfortunately there is nothing to eat around there. You can take the bus into town which is a 10 min bus ride if you like. I dove with them last October and it was fantastic. Great owners and I will return soon. I would also hold out and wait for their reply. Highly reccomended

I love street food and I've got an iron gut. Sorted! I've booked into Maluku and now need DIA to respond on the diving part.

Fingers crossed all goes well.

Ambon is not a tourist area. That being said, street food is great if you are up for an adventure and you don't have a week stomach!
They do have quite very good local restaurants in Kota Ambon, and it's not streetfood.
Maluku food is generally better than the rest of Indonesia, try the smoked fish or the eggplant in kenari almond sauce.
They also have Joas cafe downtown which serves great coffee blend and enjoyable breadfruit fritters as all day snacks.

Here is my quick review. I stayed at the resort and dove with DIA for 1 week on Jan of 2017.

1) Kaj and Barb were amazing. IMHO the best hosts I have met at any dive shop. Their communication pre-booking is a bit lacking. E.g. I didn't know they offer airport pickup. Slow responding to emails, etc.
2) Muck diving is addictive. DIA has the best of both worlds. One side is Muck and the other side is reef. I really wish I stayed longer. I cannot emphasize enough how extraordinary diving was.
3) Do not stay in the Cottages. Stay in the standard rooms. The cottages = bugs/insect world. I woke up with a giant cockroach crawling on my face. I could barely sleep with all the noises and things flying inside the cottage.

3) Do not stay in the Cottages. Stay in the standard rooms. The cottages = bugs/insect world. I woke up with a giant cockroach crawling on my face. I could barely sleep with all the noises and things flying inside the cottage.

Absolutely unlike our experience there. I don't recall a cockroach anywhere. At most, we had a couple of stray mosquitoes over the course of a week in our 'cottage.'

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom