Dive insurance in Israel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are two roads going from Eilat to the north: one through the Arava Valley, the other through the Negev Mountains. The latter is climbing up to altitudes of up to 900 meter, more or less.

The time spent after the last dive for gear cleaning, paying at the counter and a good meal before leaving :) and planning a route that avoids high altitudes for a couple of hours reduces DCS risks.

The mountains in front, Jordan, climb to much higher altitudes (about 1500 meters, I think) and a few "post diving driving" DCS cases have been reported. Check the paper in this link:

http://www.amtiusa.com/frst_ed/dighome.htm

DivesWithTurtle:
I'll be in Eilat in mid-September.

Sambo, when are you going to be there?

Anyone, what will the water temperature be like in September?

Israeli friends, do you wait some time before driving back north? There are some altitude increases along all of the routes home, yes?

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, don't check this board very often.
I'm leaving Monday for 2.5 weeks.
I haven't had any problems diving Saturday before the drive back. Did Japanese Gardens then a shollow dive then headed back up to Tel Aviv. I always drive up to
the dead sea then up.
A 3 mil has worked for me in the past except in mid December I frooze my
butt off but I was diving and that's what's important.

Because I was always alone I dove with aqua sports. Some trips have been great
and some times the same spot wasn't really worth it, depends on the dive master.
Avoid diving at "the caves", nice place to snorkel but not to dive.
I have a note in my log book from 2 years ago that aqua sports has a trip down to
taba if you show up at 8:15 AM. and it goes all day.
Like others have said it's important to be current or you will have to do a checkout
dive, then you can't do the boat dive after that ..... which leaves the caves.

I am so looking forward to the Giraffe Noodle Bar and a couple large Tuborgs when
I get there.

sambo:
Sorry I didn't get back sooner, don't check this board very often.
I'm leaving Monday for 2.5 weeks.
A 3 mil has worked for me in the past except in mid December I frooze my
butt off but I was diving and that's what's important.
Like others have said it's important to be current or you will have to do a checkout
dive, then you can't do the boat dive after that ..... which leaves the caves.

I am so looking forward to the Giraffe Noodle Bar and a couple large Tuborgs when
I get there.
You'll be leaving as I'll be coming. I'm headed to Israel on the 8th and going down to Eilat on the 14th (Sept.). I'm doing a 3-day livaboard in Sharm set up by Marina Divers on the 15th-17th, then a couple of days in Eilat snorkeling with family (and maybe get in a dive or two). We're thinking of doing the Coral Island day trip.

I'm planning on taking my 3 mil and a hood. I'll see when I pack if I have room to also throw in my 7/5. I'll be doing 4 dives a day in Sharm.

I'm keeping a logbook this month for the first time in 8 years, to avoid the checkout dive. Never needed it before.

Giraffe Noodle Bar, eh?

DivesWithTurtle:
You'll be leaving as I'll be coming. I'm headed to Israel on the 8th and going down to Eilat on the 14th (Sept.). I'm doing a 3-day livaboard in Sharm set up by Marina Divers on the 15th-17th, then a couple of days in Eilat snorkeling with family (and maybe get in a dive or two). We're thinking of doing the Coral Island day trip.

I'm planning on taking my 3 mil and a hood. I'll see when I pack if I have room to also throw in my 7/5. I'll be doing 4 dives a day in Sharm.

I'm keeping a logbook this month for the first time in 8 years, to avoid the checkout dive. Never needed it before.

Giraffe Noodle Bar, eh?

Yeap, I’m leaving the day before you get there.
Oh, I am so jealous. The original plan was to spend our weekends in Dahab but the ones paying the bill said no.

In town there’s a boardwalk runs east/west along the coast, the Giraffe Noodle bar is at the far east end. Rather pricy for me but I only get to go once every couple years so I always look forward to it. Nothing better than spicy noodles and beer after driving what seems forever across the desert.

Again it has been a while but I found the prices to snorkel with dolphins in Eilat to be much cheaper than anything stateside. But last trip they said there were problems with the dolphins getting aggressive with divers and there were issues.

Oh, watch for speed traps out in the middle of nowhere and when going back north come to a complete stop BEHIND the white line at the stop sign :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom