Dive Haven Current Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wick00

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
A couple of us from Warner Robins are heading up this Saturday. Anyone know what the current temps and thermoclines are?

Thanks

Mark

Gee, come up to Lake Lanier at West Bank Park...if you find my camera, housing and strobes the reward will pay for your trip, a night in a hotel, a nice steak dinner and the trip back with change!

Not kidding...substantial reward if you find it right off of Mask Cove on a heading of 40 degrees from the buoy...

Mike

Lake Lanier drops from 70 degrees at 20 feet to 52 at 50 feet with around 60 degrees at 40 feet...viz anywhere from 5-10 feet, more in pockets.

Thanks Mike...I'll have to do that sometime soon. There's a small group down here that's getting more active. Lake Lanier is definitely on our list. Hope you find your camera soon, otherwise I'll definitely look for it as soon as I can get there :D

2 of us went to Dive Haven last weekend. The conditions were excellent! (some people there said it was the best vis they'd seen all year). We started on the back side of the quarry and dove on the boat, bus, car and crane. Vis was about 15-20 feet down to 30'. The thermocline hit at 30' and dropped the vis and temps considerably (temps 78 to 30' and 66 at 42', got colder below that). We did 2 dives on the back side and then moved over to the "training" side and did a single dive.

We started out trying to find the 58' van, but got really cold around 53' and couldn't see the line or my fins, so we bailed out and headed over to the training platforms. We were about to call the dive about 15 minutes in out of sheer boredom, but started to dive along the wall, skirting the thermocline, and looking down into 130 feet of nothing. Wall was pretty interesting and spent a good 30 minutes exploring it.

All in all, Dive Haven was a good dive (although I wouldn't want to spend any time below 50 feet) and relatively close at 2.5 hours from us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom