Dive Haven August 18 or 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darelor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for a dive buddy for this weekend at Dive Haven in White, GA.

Thanks

Darel

I may be able to get up there on Saturday. Need to check with CINCHOUSE first. What time of day were you looking at? How deep do you want to go? I only have a 3mm and won't stay below the thermocline too long.

Hello 95VROOM,

If we could get a couple of dives in on Saturday, that would be great. I'm flexible on time of day. Depth is not an issue for me, either. Just want to get wet and do some leisurely dives.

I may be there. I wish my DPV's would have showed up, but such is life. I want to try out my new BCD.

Mike

Hey Mike, DPVs AND a new BC? Sounds like you definitely need to get into some water.

I'll wait to hear from you and 95VROOM.

Leisurely sounds good to me. I am checking on some rental tanks, assuming that my LDS has some available I should be able to get there around 10AM if that is good for you. I would be driving a Dodge Dakota quad cab, metallic bronze, plates GA 273YEE

Just picked up a couple of rentals (plan on trying to do 3 dives if time permits.) I'ld like to start with a leisurely 20 ft depth swim over to the crane, do a deep-photo dive on the crane and if air permits, find and photo the car, then do a 20 ft return dive. I have my transponder/receiver set to make this easier than doing the round the barn way we usually do it.

Then I want to do some more recon of the other part of the quarry, (to the left of the "normal" spots we dive) and see whats there. Then if time permits just a play dive to get fully comfortable with the new BC.

I wish I had my DPVs but UPS hasn't found them so I guess I won't be able to check them out until a couple weeks down the road.

Mike

Well the dive went off ok. 95VROOM and Darelor and I did the first dive together which consisted of attempting a 20 ft sustained underwater jaunt over to the crane, Darelor and I got about half way when we needed to pop up, 95VROOM lived up to his name and left us in a flurry of kicks from his split fins...vrooom and he was gone! Just kidding, but it was tough keeping up with them with those boards I use with the drysuit (got to get some better fins). Anyway, we finished the transit on the surface then dove the crane. Darelor and I were having bouyancy issues (he had a continuous slow leak into his BC and I was diving the Oceanic with back lift for the first time and, of course was significantly over weighted. Anyway, got a photo or two of the crane as I whizzed up and down like a cork by it...Darelor and 95VROOM took a more leisurely look at the cab and such. We then did another transit back to the dock.

During the surface interval we ate lunch (I cooked hambergers for 95VROOM and myself, Darelor brought a sandwich.)

Darelors leak got worse so he opted out of the second dive and 95VROOM and I just played in the shallow end working on bouyancy (I pulled 2 pounds out and was still overweight) and things got better but I still have some work. I also had to deal with floaty feet in the drysuit now that I am not using a weight belt. Guess I need some gaiters.

Anyway, we had fun and I learned a bit about back inflate and dealing with "the bubble". The temps were 86 at 15 feet, 80 at 30 feet, 78 at 35 feet on the first dive. Over near the shore on the second down along the wall it was 74 at 25 feet in a couple of spots. Visibility ranged from 10 down to 5 feet or less, the algea is having a hayday in this hot weather.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom