Dive group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I talked with Debbie at CSSP. She suggested I post here.

I have just completed my OW certification. Looking to gain some dive time while working on advance OW certification. Ultimately search and rescue cert. I am 55 and getting a late start. I have been diving illegally since 1964 but do not presume to know anything about the sport.

If anyone wants an :dazzler1: old guy for a buddy, let me know. I see lots of post to come out and join in. Where do you meet? As anyone rented equipment from the dive shop?

Thanks in advance.

Well, ya found the right spot. Normally some of us are out at CSSP every weekend, some folks even during the week. Anytime I'm out there, you're welcome to dive with me and I'm sure the others would welcome you also.
Normally, we just meet at the lake at our usual spot, that is near the most northern shelters on the west side of the lake. We also usually give a brief descript of what we'll be driving so we know what vehicle to look for.
I've never rented any gear from the shop, a few folks have rented tanks though. I'm not even sure what gear they have for rent at CCSP.......

We would welcome you,,,,there are several of us 'old' guys!!!!

Come on out, we always enjoy meeting and diving with new people. The more people we have to dive with, the less chance we have of diving solo, which makes the families a little happier...LOL. Plus, as Truckdiver said, some of us are out there almost every weekend. Just watch this forum, and feel free to jump in and join us.

I am just starting out myself and I will atest that every one I have met from TSD Is above and beyond helpfull. I have had people loan me equpiment to try out and a few great people to disscuss what I can do better. I will say that diving with the Swamp I am progressing faster then if I was with another newbie diver. AS Truck said you came to the right spot we gernally have someone goin gout to CSSP. I often wonder if sooner or later they will just give us our own pavillion out there.

Firefyter:
the less chance we have of diving solo, which makes the families a little happier...

And the friends. :shades:

Sheesh, Thomas...find something riskier to do than solo diving- like eating one of my Rice Krispy treats.

Foo

You are at the right place...My experience with the gang has been nothing but great!

Thank you all for being so friendly. I will definately be out even if ust to meet other drivers.

Dutchman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom