Dive Group in/near Savannah, GA (GUE?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello! I am in Savannah - my brother and dad are both here and there basically is nothing to dive in this area...Central or southern FL are your best bets really.

Hello! I am in Savannah - my brother and dad are both here and there basically is nothing to dive in this area...Central or southern FL are your best bets really.

I'm just outside Savannah, Georgia and looking for suggestions for places I can go diving within a "reasonable" distance, where "reasonable" is somewhat vague.

I'm fairly new to diving, started a a little over a year ago, Nitrox and AOW PADI certs, 81 dives to date. All training and diving done in the Honduras, (primarily boat and drop dives, with a smaller number of shore dives, and a very small number of night and deep dives). That translates to "I'm used to warm open water", not interested in caverns at this time, don't know about springs.

Which also means that I'm looking South - Florida rather than South Carolina for example, and thinking April/May/... rather than January/February...

Reading through the Florida and Dixie Divers forums, as well as doing a number of searches, it seems as though the closest place that seems like what I'm looking for is Key Largo; (Amoray and Rainbow Reef) - but that's a good 8 hour drive each way.

Given that I'd like to do extended diving weekends - that's potentially a bit too far; too much time in the truck and not enough in the water.

Any suggestions for closer places?

Thanks!

Gray's Reef - there are some charters out of Brunswick that will go out there. Other than that, Crystal River in florida or south florida

Back
Top Bottom