Dive group for Montenegro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
we are a dive club based in Dublin Ireland.
we are organising the yearly club holiday to go to Montenegro for a group of 20 experienced divers. we plan on being based in Budva.
looking for advise and recommendation to have a great diving week in Montenegro.
we would appreciate your help greatly.
many thanks.

Are you looking for a guide (experienced diver), equipment, boat, accommodation or just asking for locations? When r u going to Budva?

we are going to Budva the second half of septembre. we are bringing our own dive equipment except tanks and weights. Accomodation is Hotel Queen of Montenegro.
we need a local guide accoding to regulations, local dive permit €15, tank and weights, boat etc..
we are interested in doing a lot of the dives listed on the link below.
http://www.prodivingmontenegro.com/images/stories/mapa/PDM_print.jpg
any suggestions as to what we should expect ie marine life, water temperature..?
any advise welcomed

stefilippelli:
we are going to Budva the second half of septembre. we are bringing our own dive equipment except tanks and weights. Accomodation is Hotel Queen of Montenegro.
we need a local guide accoding to regulations, local dive permit €15, tank and weights, boat etc..
we are interested in doing a lot of the dives listed on the link below.
http://www.prodivingmontenegro.com/images/stories/mapa/PDM_print.jpg
any suggestions as to what we should expect ie marine life, water temperature..?
any advise welcomed

I’m not from Montenegro but I have made my first u/w “steps” there. The old town of Budva is beautiful with lot of cafes, restaurants, and one well equipped shop of diving equipment.

The marine life is not spectacular, it’s rather typical for Mediteran. During 90’s, it was seriously imperiled by using explosives for “fishing”. The situation has improved and you will be able to see Groupers, White Sea Bream, Common Dentex, Moray, Red Scorpionfish, Octopus, Pinna Nobilis etc. The temperature of the sea reaches max in August and is around 23-27 degrees C, so the 5 mm wetsuit should be enough. The salinity is around 38.7 ‰, and visibility is around 30-40 m.

It seems that you have found the Hotel with a center which would ease your diving. Anyway, I will call the owner of diving center (vicinity of Budva, no web site) and let you know if he has any ideas, proposals regarding your dive trips. :)

You will miss the concert of Rolling Stones in Budva (Jaz) scheduled for 9 July.

FYI, attached are the Rules and Regulations for u/w activities in Montenegro.

Attachments

• pravilnik_vpa_en.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 119
thanks for the help.
i lived in yugoslavia 35 years ago and used to spend the summer holidays in Sveti Stefan, i remenber the area and its people well. always got a great welcome and the landscape was beautiful. i m looking forward to going back as a diver and introduce my Irish friends to Montenegro. so i would love for them to live with the same impression of Montenegro it left me.

I’m sure you will have a good time. I’m from Kraljevo (40+), and still remember the old days. The diving center that I previously mentioned is one of the oldest in vicinity of Budva and is part of Sveti Stefan resort. The whole complex is under renovation now and I don’t know yet will they be opened this summer, but I will let you know.

MonkSeal:
This looks pretty similar to Croatian's one :D
Seems like the officials from both countries were working on the documents together :) …. it’s the same sea and common objectives so I guess it should be similar …

stefilippelli:
thanks for the help.
i lived in yugoslavia 35 years ago and used to spend the summer holidays in Sveti Stefan, i remenber the area and its people well. always got a great welcome and the landscape was beautiful. i m looking forward to going back as a diver and introduce my Irish friends to Montenegro. so i would love for them to live with the same impression of Montenegro it left me.

I have sent you a private message with contact mail of person from Budva who might have some ideas regarding your diving.

Back
Top Bottom