Dive Gear Rinse Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RSL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking for someway to easily rinse and dry my gear. I have looked on the net and found very few products to accomplish this. I did find the"Rinse-Master Pro HD". Does anybody have any better picture or plans then what is on thier website... $299.00 is a bit much

RSL:
I am looking for someway to easily rinse and dry my gear. I have looked on the net and found very few products to accomplish this. I did find the"Rinse-Master Pro HD". Does anybody have any better picture or plans then what is on thier website... $299.00 is a bit much

The easiest way by far is to have somebody else do it:wink:

When that's not an option I use a hose, a 50 gallon plastic trash can and a fence. I had to buy the trash can.

Tobin

Personally I use a large Rubbermaid tub and a hose to rinse. For drying I use a wardrobe hanger that I bought at Target for $25. It has enough room to hang all my gear as well as a extending ends which I can hang my reg set and wrist mount gauges on.

Jason

I bought a 50 gallon trash can, and some garden hose parts from Home Depot. I installed a fitting on the top of the trash can which I can screw my garden hose on. The other end of the fitting has an L-elbow, which causes a whirlpool when it's filling. On the bottom of the can is another fitting with a valve. When the can fills, I open the bottom valve so the water is constantly fresh.

I soak everything in the running bath and then hang it up on a rail mounted in my garage.

Also some Woolite makes the neoprene and BC's smell good, and is a lot cheaper than those commercial sink the stink products.

Rick Inman:
For not too much, you can get one of these (http://www.oursmaangels.com/crystal/images/Jun_01_040.jpg) at your local feed and pet.

Sure you might can buy one cheap, but those things run you alot per week! Maybe $10 a day in food alone, more when they are older! There are surely cheaper ways to dry your gear. Plus, it'd be awkward for many of us who are even still in high school to have kids....

If I could just upload pictures, I'd post the plumber's nightmare that I built out of PVC for drying my and my kid's gear. If someone PMs me an e-mail address, I'll send the pics and let you post them.

I use the spare bath tub approach. Have a rod over the tub and everything hangs on that. One of the advantages of living alone your scuba gear can have it's own room and it's own bathroom.

seadoggirl:
I use the spare bath tub approach. Have a rod over the tub and everything hangs on that. One of the advantages of living alone your scuba gear can have it's own room and it's own bathroom.
I used this method for years before I had a garage. Works great until your shower curtain rod collapses at 2:00 AM under the weight of the wet gear.

:shocked:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom