Dive Gear Express (DGX) SPGs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with TerryC: like the white face dial of the DGX gauge for visibility. Also +1 on their customer service.

I have several of these. Wouldn't have purchased so many if the first one was not up to par. A word of advice though, if your order one, add a couple of air spools as well. As with any SPG, the spool O ring is the weakest link, and at $1:50 apiece, it's much more efficient to just replace the spool. They come with viton O rings. I've uses rubber and flex hoses and currently prefer flex.

Another thought: I don't know if DGE imports a version made in China, so make sure that you order the one made in Italy.

Anyone a fan of the dive rite spg? I assume they’re all made in Italy so no major differences right?...although someone told me some are made in China. They seem to all do the same job though.

If you're talking about the 2" dive rite that says "TEMPERED GLASS" and Made in Italy on it - it's the same rebranded Termo gauge that many dive gear brands sell - DGX, Hollis, Hog, Halcyon - probably lots of others. Buy the one with the best price and face design and color you like.

DGX is fantastic and I've never had an issue with any of their DGX branded gear nor with any branded gear I bought from them. I've spent thousands of dollars with them and remain a happy customer. Fantastic customer service. I like them so much that I now live just 15 minutes down the road from them!

That is the truth but I moved here for a new job not to be close to them. That is just a side benefit!

I love the regs I bought from them, especially the flex hoses. SPG is easy to read though I admit I mostly use it as a backup to my computer. When the SPG had a leak they walked me through which part to buy and how to fix it. Great customer service. We'd all buy from them again.

I was in the neighborhood a few weeks ago and met some of the staff. Just as friendly online as they are in person. For those who don’t know, there is no showroom so don’t expect to go inside and do some shopping while browsing products.

2407FA90-A3C0-4E12-B428-128DCA188C01.jpeg
I was planning to purchase one of these for my set up as I’m local to dgx. Ended up coming across the cressi version from leisure pro for $39 shipped. Tempered glass with brass housing. I personally also like the face of the cressi a little more too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom