Dive From The Heart is this Saturday Sept 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FAT BOY SCUBA

Registered
Reaction score
Dive From The Heart will be at Clear Springs Scuba Park in Terrell, Texas this Saturday, Sept 11. The treasure hunt will get started at 10 am and we will eat and give out the prizes around 12 noon.

Cochran had donated a COMMANDER EMC-20H for the event and they will be at the park with a booth set up to let you try out their computers while you dive for a great cause. All of the proceeds will go to the Children's Miracle Network.

For more information go to www.clearspringsscubapark.com and click on events.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Fat Boy

Hi, please tell me, as I've never attended a treasure hunt: Do they count to 3 and everyone runs like hell for the water, or WHAT happens? Would someone draw out a scenario for me? Thank you!

Foo

Hi Foo,

The way we run our treasure hunt in everyone gets in the water with bc inflated. When we say go, you submerge and start hunting. We will have foam balls suspended off the bottom with numbers on them. The number of balls you can find depends on the number of divers. For our hunt it is 2 balls per diver most of the time. We have a LOT of prizes this year so I think everyone may get something as they did last year.

The grand prize this year will be a Cochran COMMANDER EMC-20H and some lucky diver WILL win it. We have BCs, regulators, masks, fins, spear gun, camera and boat dive trips just to name a few and donations are still coming in. We will also be serving hot dogs for lunch so everyone come on out and support the kids. This is the third Dive From The Heart and the little girl that gave us the inspiration to start it all will be there selling kisses for donations. It is going to be a great event!

If anyone has any question you may e mail me at tim@fatboyscuba.com or call me from 8 to 5 at 940-498-9803.

Tim Hataway
Webmaster
www.clearspringsscubapark.com
www.seasearcherii.com
www.fatboyscuba.com

Thank you so much for clearing up my question as to how it works, Tim. I've wondered since I first got certified and learned that there IS such a thing as treasure hunts. It sounds fun and of course I would love to win a prize and help a charitable cause. I've been fighting a sinus problem for over 2 weeks, but hopefully I will be feeling up to it on Sat. Hope to be there with my family of three!

Foo

Didn't make it out to the Treasure Hunt, had some medical problems instead. I'm going to be fine, but it did keep me from diving today. I already posted here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=769358#post769358, so I won't bore yall again- Hope the Treasure Hunt was great and raised lots of money for the children.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom